How to Join:
Membership at NCPC is a high priority. It seems silly for a church to say that it is committed to the church—its people and its community, but such a plainly stated commitment is needed in today’s world. NCPC expects its membership to be a Gospel-awakened people who live out of the resources that Christ has provided, which in turn cultivate a community that is distinctively Christ-like.
What Is Required?
Each member at NCPC is required to participate in the Welcome to NCPC membership class. This class introduces participants to (1) the Vision of NCPC’s ministry, (2) the character of a Gospel-driven life, (3) the distinctives of our doctrinal beliefs and (4) the expectations of membership.
This class is oﬀering in the fall and spring on a Friday evening and a Saturday morning. A light dinner and a light breakfast are included. Childcare is provided.
In addition to the membership class, all candidates for membership are required to have a Membership Interview with the elders of the church. This oﬃcer interview usually lasts for about 30 minutes. During the interview each candidate for membership shares their testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and gives their aﬃrmation of NCPC’s questions for membership.
The NCPC Questions for Membership are:
• Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
• Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is oﬀered in the Gospel?
• Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
• Do you promise to support the church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
• Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the church, and promise to study its purity and peace?