Women in the Church(WIC):
We provide many opportunities for women to grow in their love for God in every aspect of life. We have both great privileges and great responsibilities, and believe we are responsible to train and encourage our sisters in the ways of righteousness (Titus 2:3-4).
The "Sew & Sew's" meet every 2nd Tuesday at 9 am to sew pillowcase dresses for Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes.
In addition to the wonderful groups we offer, we also have retreats, fellowships, luncheons, and many other special events and activities that are integrated into church life...All with the goal to glorify God and to ground its members in the Christian faith.
This goal is accomplished through the following objectives:
- To provide spiritual fellowship to women through prayer, fellowship, discipleship, and service.
- To know and love one another as sisters in Christ.
- To be personally committed to blessing one another.
- To set examples to others through leadership and involvement.
- To learn from one another through regular fellowship.
- To enrich the church ministry by serving others through committees, programs, devotions, Bible studies, prayer, and Christian endeavors.
Not only is WIC an integral part of the overall ministry here at New Covenant, we are part of the nation-wide ministry of the Presbyterian Church in America. We also belong to Grace Presbytery WIC, a relationship that affords us opportunities for fellowship, ministry, and instruction beyond the walls of our own church.